April 20, 2005

Here's A Mayor Story!

For its mayor, Vegas might well be Gin City

Chris Carlson / AP file

The Associated Press
Updated: 7:15 a.m. ET March 4, 2005LAS VEGAS - Sin City�s mayor made no apologies Thursday after being criticized for extolling gin to a class of fourth-graders.

Mayor Oscar Goodman said he was just being himself when he told elementary school students that drinking was one of his hobbies and that the one thing he would want if stranded on an island is a bottle of gin.

�I answered the question honestly and truthfully,� Goodman told reporters. �I�m not going to lie to children. I�m not going to say I would take a teddy bear or a Bible or something like that.�

Asked by a reporter if he had a drinking problem, Goodman answered, �Oh, absolutely not. I love to drink.�


well...I couldn't really pass that up!
Taken straight from the news!

No comments: