June 22, 2005

Cemetery Hopping

This afternoon Cindy called and wanted to do something. I agreed, hauled my gargantuan arse out of the recliner went to Gas-n-Slurp and bought a 6 pack of Corona and 1 Diet Rite foolishly thinking that as I checked out the clerk would think I was buying the Diet Rite for me and the 6 pack of beer for, maybe someone else. I don't know why I cared really...it was 3pm...certainly not in the am and certainly I am over 21...hard to believe I know...hahahahah of COURSE I made an ASS of myself in the Slurp. As I tucked the Diet Rite into my armpit to enable me a better grab at the coldest beers I knocked the 6 pack of bottles against the glass cooler doors making a helluva noise. Everyone paused in their gossiping, kind of like when the bad guy walks through the saloon doors and the piano music stops, and looked at the lard ass with the beer and cheesy grin. I got the hell out as fast as I could write a check. As soon as I got into the car I rolled all the windows down, cranked up the stereo and turned the air conditioner on full blast. The music was blaring and I was singing and enjoying myself to the tune of Feel Like Makin' Love...a remix of the old tune. I was enjoying it alright until I realized the CD that was blaring said music was my DAUGHTERS...chuhh...that kind of put a damper on my parade...but I dealt with it and made it to Cindy's home. We drank beer and went country cemetery hopping. We looked at some of the coolest headstones. One whole cemetery is filled with our relatives. Yes, this sounds like we need a new hobby I know but some of those old country cemeteries are so cool. Anyway...I'm too tired to go on now...must get to bed....tired....failing....feeble ness setting in. yawnnnnnn

2 comments:

shenry said...

cemetaries can be so cool...
plus beer...
plus "Feel Like Makin' Love..."
plus AC with windows down...

I am jealous of your day.

arrazello said...

And I thought I was the only one who found cemeteries infinitely interesting.