June 19, 2005

Several Miles

I rode my bicycle tonight, in the dark, and it was awesome! I had to go do a bit of work at the shop around 9:30 and decided to ride. After I was done, around 10:15 the moon was almost full and I couldn't resist the temptation to cruise a bit. The smell of honeysuckle was almost overpowering in the muggy air. I decided to go to the fountain and see the colored lights. There, the smell of the chemicals and the feel of the heat rising off the pavement reminded me of when I was a little kid walking home from the pool. I was a bit wary of gravel in the crossings but I sped along and going down North street I kicked it up a notch and enjoyed the breeze. Now, I wasn't very safe at all as I was wearing a brown shirt, no helmut and regular shoes. I had a blinky red light to put on the back of my bike...but I didn't do it. I just chanced it and rode for the love of it. For some reason riding at night made me feel young and a little bit reckless. I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: