July 16, 2005

Oh Boy

It's been a day if ya know what I mean.
Up at the butt crack of dawn, making rolls, I realized something. It was an epiphany! I think I achieved nirvana even.
Too bad I can't remember what the hell it was.
May have been the sun stroke I got today while attending the state swim team meet. The kids did well...thought not good enough for them I guess as I got several scowls, evil comments and a few swim caps thrown toward me as I congratulated them on a job well done. Hell, I think making it to finals is a great achievement in itself. So what if you come in 8th or 11th or whatever. You Made It Here! I exclaimed. They, apparently wanted number 1 in everything. Woe to me for trying to encourage them I guess. Sometimes it would just be easier to sit there and shut up.
Anyway, I digress. As I was saying...May have been the sun stroke or the BRAIN DAMAGE I got from sitting by someone who talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talked me to DEATH! This certain someone talked talked talked talked talked even when I was attempting to work on the schedule, read the paper, watch the swim meet - you get the picture. Pretty soon it was like I wasn't even hearing her speak. At one point I looked around and said, My gosh the wind sure did let up - and then realized it wasn't the lack of wind I was hearing, it was just that she had stopped talking to take a drink! I'd just gotten so used to hearing that constant yammering it was odd not to hear it at all. Never fear, as soon as she greased the axel, so to speak, the wind came right back up...monsoon level even. As a matter of fact, if I had any hair left on my poor demented head it would have been blowing in the breeze like I was riding a Harley down fucking Mt. Everest!
I could barely make it home from the meet. After waiting 1/2 hour at Burger Death for our food I put the pedal to the metal and on reaching home crawled up the stairs and passed out for 2 hours fully stenched up and smelling like a Sumo Wrestler after a bout with the circus lady.

No comments: