August 01, 2005

Heaven To The Tongue

Can anything taste as fine as a tomato still warm from the vine? No...way...unless it is mashed to a pulp, mixed with 1 1/2 oz vodka 1 dash lemon juice 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce 2 - 3 drops Tabasco® sauce 1 lime wedge and then shaken (except lime wedge) with ice and strained into an old-fashioned glass over ice cubes after which you may add salt and pepper and the garnish!
Yes, I love it!! This is the food/drink of Gods.
Another heavenly delight also involves tomatoes. Almost every day I go out to my garden and pick a red Roma and a few yellow pear tomatoes, a banana pepper (my green peppers are not ripe yet), a small red or yellow onion, anAnaheimm or a salsa chili pepper and I get busy chopping all the ingredients. I mix the pieces all together in one of my colored fiesta bowls and I add a splash of lime, cilantro and lately I've been craving red wine vinegar so I add a splash of that too. I then eat my pico di gallo with tortilla chips.
All I can say is...Yesssssss!

2 comments:

Lori Lou said...

Mmmmm, I'll be right over!

Anonymous said...

I will be there as well, bringing the celery and the olives! You don't happen to have a slot machine lurking around do you? I damn well, bet that you do!