July 16, 2006

2 Thumbs UP

I just finished watching a wonderful show. No...not man with 1 eye or frozen bone Sally or such as that (although I did rather enjoy a show about elephant man disease quite recently). No I watched YESTERDAY starring LELETI KHUMALO among others. It is a film about a woman who contracts AIDS from her shit head husband and must decide what to do with her daughter named, Beauty. I love the show because it's all subtitled and listening to the IsiZulu dialect is like listening to water flowing over smooth rocks...in other words...music. Even though the subject is sad, I still felt relaxed watching it. I liked the camera angles and the way the sound was mixed. Most everything was unhurried, simple and seemed to say, less is more.
Watch this movie.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I can't wait. Thanks for the thumbs and good remarks.