September 14, 2006

Simple Pleasures

I poked myself in the eye today with a straw.
While driving.
I did not require medical assistance.
Just soap in my mouth.
As you all know I had to get a new fridge cuz mine broke on Friday.
Yesterday, Alec said fondly as he patted the old broken fridge, "I'm going to miss you", and he sighed touching the old ragged smiley faced stickers he had plastered on the front door when he was in Kindergarden.
I took Alec to the orthodontist yesterday. When we were back in town he asked me to swing by home so that he could "Meet the new fridge" which was delivered earlier.
He likes it.
It holds food and drinks.
Life is good.

1 comment:

shenry said...

anything that holds food and drink is good.

oh, and poking yourself in the eye with a straw sucks... get it? it's a pun? straw/sucks... nevermind, it was a bad pun.