February 22, 2007

Cancer SUCKS

Dad had a left lung thorecentesis yesterday. For him, it was extremely painful...the worst one yet. He said, "I'm not doing it again", and I think I believe him. Maybe there will be no need for it. They drained off 800cc of fluid this time. He took 2 Percocet for the pain and I think those meds helped him.
He is to get Zometa on March 9th or so.
I guess he is not choosing to do the parathyroid surgery.
He is depressed.
The last time he went to the Dr. (and I couldn't go to this appointment) the Oncologist said things that were depressing Mom said....like..."If I were a betting man I'd bet this cancer will come back", and "If you are going to be around for 4 or 5 years more I would suggest the surgery"...and I guess the way he said things he was looking down at his hands and just...depressing.
Dad's weight is 140's. He isn't eating. Doesn't want to.
But his scans are good. State...No sign of cancer.
Although his Calcium remains on the high side. 11 this time.
shit, I don't know.
Bastard Dr anyway.
Bastard Cancer anyway.
Fucking cigarettes anyway.

No comments: