February 10, 2007

What I did today

We went back up to North Platte this morning, after I went into the coffee shop for a bit. Katie nicely agreed to work for me so we could go up to Andrew's district wrestling meet. We left at 7:30am and we got there a bit early. Andrew went the whole 3 rounds but ended up losing 4-1. He left it all on the mat...wrestled with heart today, and we are proud of him. He is pissed that he lost and it's going to take awhile for him to get over that. But he will. Soon he will have track to occupy him. On a good note Cambridge had two other wrestlers who made it to state. That is next weekend. We stayed for finals and then took off for home.
We got back into town at about 5pm. Katie had a b-ball game in Arapahoe at 6pm. Mark rested a bit. I cleaned up a bit. Smelling like a billy goat didn't seem like the thing to do. Soon as I was smelling fresh, we jetted down to the coffee shop, picked up Alec, who was learning to bake cookies with my mom and we headed out to the game.
We ended up winning. Katie did not play so that was very disappointing. Unless you count 30 seconds at the end of the 4th quarter which is really just an insult. I can't believe that she is that bad that she shouldn't sub in before some of the others but...what the hell do I know. I'm just a parent and therefore biased.
We stayed for the boys game and they lost. Nuff said.
Things I didn't do:
shop...unless you count a griddle, and two frying pans for the shop
eat healthy food...unless you count Valentinos peach cobbler...I mean that is a fruit isn't it?
go to the bowling alley for a soire with my BP's
lose 30 pounds

2 comments:

Molly said...

Sorry you missed the soire but I hope you are rested. How's the roof? (I've had nightmares since reading and imagining this frozen mess)

Sheryl said...

...my roof is a drip...still...drip...drip...drip...drip