August 29, 2007

Calamity Is Our Middle Name

We got Katie off to college this last weekend. It was a sad and happy time for us all. I let her drive me around Omaha...and we didn't hit anything although my eyes were closed for most of it so...
Andrew had a football game on Monday and in the first 4 seconds of the game he got hit, tore his ACL and MCL, got a contusion on his patellar bone, and has perhaps some minor meniscus damage. So...we saw an ortho, got him braced and set up with Physical Therapy, surgery is in about a month. He will rehab for 6 -8 months. His football, wrestling, and track are all pretty much bye bye baby. He is blue and once we get his knee taken care of I worry that he will be looking for something to keep him busy and find something...something I don't want him doing.
god
We've had the worst summer on record and now...I just don't know if I can take it really.
I mean, thank God this wasn't a spinal injury. I realize we need to by thankful. But it just seems like we've had so much to deal with this summer with the kids and everything. I feel so very very tired and maybe just blue myself.
Today was Andrews first day back to school and he wasn't even gone yet and the phone was ringing and Alec had in school suspension for "intimidating" someone.
shit, I almost expected that.
It's as if I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop every minute.

Calgon...take me now. Too bad I'm too damn tired for a beer cuz this has definitely been a beer moment...

No comments: