January 18, 2008

Today Would Have Been My Dad's 73 Birthday

It's a sad day really. I think of Dad, gone for 7 months now and I can't believe it. Again, it seems like a different world, a different time, place. I cried last night and felt sad. Mark's dad died of lung cancer too. Mark was only 19 and I never got to meet his dad. I worry about my children. Will they be "prone" to lung cancer? Alec has already had a "cyst" removed twice from his lower leg at the growth plate, what does that mean for him? Katie, my oldest, is smoking. I am sick about it. So sick. So very very sick. I don't know what to do. She is almost 19, in college. She has to be responsible for her own actions. She is not a stupid girl. I have talked and talked and talked about lung cancer and smoking forever. She saw her grandpa shrink slowly every day and die of lung cancer. She smokes. god it hurts to think of it.,,

2 comments:

Amie B. said...

My dad was just diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer yesterday. He is only 52. I can't seem to wrap my head around it yet. Reading your blog has scared the hell out of me. But has given me hope that there is some time to fight this. I don't want to watch him die. Talk about not being ready for something.

I will come back and read your blog often. It has modivated me to start my own (bjorklundadventures.blogspot.com) to help get out the pain and the hurt and all the emotions that are knocking me upside the head.

My dad hasn't told anyone else in the family yet. He doesn't want it to take over his life and have it be all about the cancer. I have a 10-year-old sister and I don't even know how to help her.

It helps to know that I am not the only one who has felt this and struggled with this horrible disease. Thank you for being open and honest. Thank you for sharing.

Sudipta Das said...

Hello Sheryl
on this issue I am fully agree with you. but If we want to combat against a dreadful disease like

cancer we need a comprehensive knowledge of the

href="http://cancer-symptoms-and-treatments.blogspot.com/">cancer symptoms
that can lead to the

infliction of the disease which would help us to nullify

its consequences at the elementary level.

thank you

sudipta das