April 30, 2008

I Got A Present! I Got A Present! I Got A Present!

Well, we got through a busy day at the shop today.  We had to cater a brown bag luncheon for 54.  That is quite a bit of lunch for us to prepare beside what we have at the shop.  I stayed up until about 4 am watching boiling chickens, making stickers, making plans, getting to go bags ready with silverware, napkins etc.  Our menu was homemade chicken salad sandwiches on a homemade bun.  We put slightly roasted, slivered almonds in, water chestnuts, celery, and onion in with lots of chicken.  We made and frosted sugar cookies and I made little stickers with fortunes on them to seal the cookies into a paper sack.  The group also received homemade potato salad and a big of sun chips.  We brought our house blend coffee, Sit Long Talk Much and also a flavored blend of Butterscotch Toffee.  I also brewed tea and served this iced.  whewwwwwwww  Thank goodness for our wonderful helpers.  Afterwards, Cindy Sue and I went for a short bike ride.  It ended up to be 20 miles or so.  My second real ride since March.  I don't think we will do BRAN ride this year but maybe we can do the NUMB ride. The NUMB 2008 ride will be a 270+/- mile loop tour starting and ending in Wahoo, Nebraska.  The strangest thing happened on our ride today.  My eyes always tear up to much when I ride.  I think it is because I wear to small of sunglasses and the wind irritates my eyes.  Soooo I was wiping tears and I just said to Cindy, "I need to get a pair of good sunglasses" and it wasn't more than 20 feet later and waaa laaaahhh there was a perfectly good pair of yellow Ironman sunglasses laying on the side of the road!!  I was like whoooahhhh is this strange or what.  Nothing wrong with them at all.  AND THEY FIT!!  

now...sadly after only 20 miles...I feel a bit tired and my right foot hurts.  Don't know what to do about that yet.  Might need a pad in my cycle shoes.

No comments: