April 20, 2008

Julia Child Would Fucking Shit!

I bet Julia childs and a spraddle legged chickenthe old girl is rolling over in her grave...or laughing her ass off. She started this whole cooking show thing didn't she?

I'm watching F WORD, a cooking show and learning that A) our kitchen at Shirley K's doesn't win for cussing during lunch hour and B) I can't hear a fuckin' thing and am going deaf when it comes to trying to hear an accent.

Been a busy weekend. Of course, Saturday involved "makin' the donuts" and it was a bit of a slow day, which was kind of nice. If you don't mind money shooting out the window like a slit artery. Got home around 3pm and did nothing except watch a cooking show. I saw a nice recipe for stuffed manicotti and an awesome recipe for chicken breast stuffed with, among many things, fontina cheese. I decided to get groceries for both entrees and would decide later which one supper would be. So...got home and after a little eeny meeny miny mo...started in on making the manicotti. Chopped spinach, fresh basil, fresh oregano, a clove of garlic, coarse salt and pepperfor the sauce. However, since I hadn't written the recipes down I realized mid way through I was making the sauce for the chicken breast. shit Oh well, I winged it. Slit the chicken breast, shoved the greens combo in, wedged a nice pie shaped piece of fontina cheese in and baked for two hours. Made a spinach salad with a sauce of honey, red wine vinegar, fresh basil, olive oil, red grapes, Swiss cheese and red onion. We also had...Brown rice. Fresh broccoli with butter. Supper was Freakin awesome! I will definitely make the chicken breast in that same way again.

Thank you Julia...big kiss!

1 comment:

Julia Child Would Fucking Shit! — Fresh salad receipt tips said...

[...] red grapes, Swiss cheese and red onion. Brown rice. Fresh broccoli with butter…. source: Julia Child Would Fucking Shit!, Mid [...]