May 25, 2008

Coca Cola

Haven't tried it yet...but...?? It CAN'T be bad...just bad for you.

Deep Fried Coke Cola

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups Coca Cola
Oil for deep frying

Topping:
1 cup Coca Cola syrup
whipped cream
maraschino cherries

1. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
2. Mix in eggs and Coca Cola and stir until a smooth batter forms.
3. Preheat oil in a skillet or deep fryer.
4. Pour 1/3 cup of batter into a funnel or turkey baster and in a circular motion pour batter into the hot oil.
5. Fry up for about a minute on each side and drain on paper towels.
6. Serve while still warm and top with Coca Cola syrup, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.

1 comment:

Phil Mooney said...

Sheryl - I found your fried Coke recipe and had to comment! I'm the archivist for The Coca-Cola Company and have collected a number of recipes over the years that use Coca-Cola as an ingredient. That said, fried Coke is NOT one I had! I started my own blog in January, and have shared a few Coca-Cola recipes I've tried on it, and I also have a number of recipes on our main Coca-Cola site, including some made with Minute Maid juices, Sprite and our other drinks. Maybe some of the recipes would work in your coffee shop? Thanks -- Phil Mooney