August 08, 2008

Read This Book & Stuff

Just finished Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.  As always I love her characters and the book stays open and available for me to read every spare second I have.  Heartbreaking scenario.  Really.  Read it.  I think it should be on the reading list for teens too.  Maybe.  You'll see what I mean after you go get it.

Our next big event at the coffee shop is COWBOY DAYS the last week of August.  Yippee Kii Yii ayyyyy!  We will have a Cowboy poet on Saturday the 30th, Jack Ostergard and a HOBO SUPPER and Mark's in a band and they are going to play too!  We will have drink specials on "brown gargle" and "cowboy coffee"  and "rattlesnake venum" and "Black Bart's Buzz" and who knows what all....served in clear boots with a tiny little saying on the heel that says, I Got The BOOT at Shirley K's!  You never know what you might get there!

No comments: