April 23, 2009

Horseysauce !

I made fresh horseradish sauce the other day.  It went like this:  I was at the shop making an advert about our upcoming "Naked Donut Day" and "Ugly Donut Day" and "Decorate Your Own Donut Day", when a woman brought in a bag of what looked like dirt and tree roots for me.  I thanked her and then wondered what to do with the mess.  She gave me a recipe that said, 1 cup ground horseradish, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon salt...mix.  I asked her, "But what do I do with this stuff?" gesturing toward the dirt bag.  She smiled and told me to use a potato peeler and then a blender...after I washed them of course.  

really

Okay, so I washed and peeled the roots and when I surmised I had a cup I used the food processor and threw all the ingredients together.  

HOLY SCHNIKES!  

It's good schtuff maynard.  Will clean out your sinuses within an inch of the jar.

I wonder if there are any other recipes that people have used.  

I saved a few roots and am going to plant them.

No comments: