June 08, 2009

BRAN minus ONE demented Alias Auntie

Well, the BRAN (bike ride across Nebraska...duh) riders descended into good old Pickleville AKA Cambridge yesterday.  600 (ish)of them.  I was not included in that number.  At All.  Nope...not riding.  My knee won't have it.  The weather was poopy...cool, misty, not my cup of tea.  But still, not riding sucks.  

We had an oatmeal buffet for them this morning at the coffee shop.  I have to say we had between 60-80 or even maybe 100 riders in.  I recognize quite a few of them too.  Even though I only rode BRAN twice, I still remember the people.  Most of them are scarred into the little bit of cranial tissue that still functions inside my noggin.  Seems like you become some sort of weird family for that week...and it sticks!  We become "odd" family links...Like some strange mullet headed daughter in law who artificially inseminates pigs, or the nose picking son of an Uncle who works in food service or...that odd couple, she 19 years older than her husband and they are talking about getting pregnant....yah....Bike riders become family.  This is our reunion.  And, I'm not riding.  I'm like the weird demented Auntie that has a house smelling of cabbage and cat piss and even the AVON lady won't visit...only...PEOPLE...I REALY DON'T HAVE A HOUSE THAT SMELLS LIKE CABBAGE AND CAT PISS...it was just an example to CATCH YOUR ATTENTION...did it work?!!  

I'm totally demolished.  Ready for bed.  It's only like 11 p m  and I'm ready to hit the hay.  To sleep Mark...not...entertain...sigh...men.

No comments: