August 30, 2009

Finally an Update

This summer flew by.

I mean, really flew by.  I can't believe it will be September soon.  The air is cooler already.  We've been invaded by swarms of little brown crickets.  The locust sing non stop...it's deafening around here.  The trees aren't changing...yet.  It's coming though.  Football will start on Friday.  Both boys are playing.  Andrew in his two braces.  Of course I worry.  It wouldn't be right for me to not worry.  I so wish I could be like Mark and not worry about anything.  That would be soooo nice.

Good note.  Katie is back at college.  Not UNO, but Western Iowa Tech.  She is studying something like...Media Studies.  Mostly radio, broadcasting...etc.  SHE LOVES IT!  She sounds so happy.  I'm glad for her.  She and her boyfriend are moving to a place in the old market in Omaha.  That should be fun.  Especially for a young couple.    We are helping them move around September 19th or so.

Work has been okay.  Busy, pretty steady.  We have a minor catastrophe...our Island Oasis Machine broke.  Has been broken for a couple of weeks now.  I finally got something different ordered.  I wish it were here...!!!!  Using a blender does not even compare.

Mom has been having alot of pain in her left hip and we've been doctoring for it awhile now.  Seems she needs a hip replacement.  We will be scheduling that for mid September or so.  We are not looking forward to it.  I know she isn't.  The pain is quite bad though and she can't sleep at night.  We can't put it off much longer.

We got Andrews senior pictures taken.  That was fun.  I saw him smile more in 2 hours than I had in his lifetime!  ha ha  Can't belive he graduates this year.

Well...this is more writing than I've done in a long time.  Tired me out I guess.  Maybe I'll keep updating.  Who knows?

No comments: